FAQ WSF Rider Membership
- 2018 World Snowboard Federation (WSF) membership
- full use of the services on the World Snowboarding website: Global Event Schedule, WSPLs, individual rider profile …
- valid from June 1st 2017 to May 31st 2018
- Membership fee: 60,- USD
- Junior membership for riders below age 14: free of charge
- individual rider registration & bulk registration possible for National Associations
- What is the WSF Rider Membership?
- What does the WSF Rider Membership include?
- Who can obtain a WSF Rider Membership?
- How to get a WSF Rider Membership?
- What methods of payments are accepted?
- What does the WSF Rider Membership cost?
- What is the validity period of a Rider Membership?
- Where does the money from the Rider Membership fee go to?
- Does a rider need a WSF Rider Membership to compete at an event?
- Is it possible to register for events using the Online Registration System without a membership?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that riders have a membership?
- Can a rider cancel a membership throughout the season?
1. What is the WSF Rider Membership?
With a 2018 membership you become a member of the World Snowboard Federation (WSF) and get voting rights in the WSF Annual General Meeting as per the WSF statutes.
- voting rights in the WSF Annual General Meeting as per the WSF statutes
- representation on the WSF Board of Directors (through a rider representative)
As a member you also become eligible for the full use of the services provided on the World Snowboarding website (www.worldsnowboarding.org). The wide range of professional services for amateur and pro athletes include:
- a unified, comprehensive Global Event Schedule as a base infrastructure for the sport and to help athletes & coaches plan their season career
- processing of results for every event and assigning ranking points for every rider that participated.
- generating and maintaining the World Snowboarding Points Lists (WSPLs) for SS, HP & BA on a weekly basis 52 weeks a year. The WSPLs are the only worldwide accepted, fair and transparent universal ranking system for freestyle snowboarding. The WSPLs are universally utilized by nations, FIS, IOC, event organizers, media, coaches, riders for: event seeding and entry, national & Olympic qualifications, performance tracking and talent scouting.
- individual rider profile site for each rider: display of individual rider results & rankings, sponsors, videos, profile picture, action shot or bio text
- keeping track of a rider’s career results. Display of historic and current result records & standings on rider profile on worldsnowboarding.org
The complete range of services available as part of the membership is listed in 2).
2. What does the WSF Rider Membership include?
The WSF membership includes:
- Annual membership (2018) for the World Snowboard Federation including voting rights as per the WSF statutes
- option to vote a rider representation gremium or become involved in a rider representation gremium
- Processing and managing of rider event results
- Assigning ranking points for rider placements
- Weekly World Snowboarding Points Lists Updates
- Career Result Archive and Rider Ranking Profiles
- Global Event Schedule
- Athlete Online Registration System for Events
- Individual Rider Profile with photo, results, stats, sponsors and personal information
- Access to the World Snowboarding membership system to manage rider profile (address, personal information, sponsors)
- Uploading rider profile pictures / action photos (rights free) & Bio on www.worldsnowboarding.org by WS staff
Support and Troubleshooting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Who can obtain a membership?
Inviduals – Rider
Individuals can register for a rider membership by logging on to their rider account via the World Snowboarding website: worldsnowboarding.org/rider-login/ or directly to: ws.memberpro.net
Bulk Registration of riders on a National Team through National Association
It is also possible for the National Associations to bulk register the riders on their National Team for the rider membership.
4. How to get a Rider Membership?
Individuals – Rider
To register for the membership, go to your rider account via the World Snowboarding website: worldsnowboarding.org/rider-login/ or directly to: ws.memberpro.net and log on to your existing account or create a new account. It is very likely that you already have an account in the system but you don´t remember your login credentials. In this case, don´t create a new account with false data but send an email to support (email@example.com) requesting assistance or try to retrieve your username/password with the Forgot Password function.
Log in in to your account with your username and password and follow the steps to register for the membership and update your personal information. Payment is only possible with major credit cards (Mastercard, VISA, AMEX).
Bulk registration of riders on a National Team through National Association
To bulk register riders of one Nation, the National Association needs to provide complete rider data of each rider who is to be signed up for the rider membership. The bulk registration form must be used to fill in the requested rider data. Payment is to be made by the National Association by bank transfer by receipt of invoice.
The Nation bulk registration form can be downloaded HERE.
5. What methods of payment are accepted?
Individual memberships can only be paid online through the WS membership system using one of the following credit cards: Mastercard, VISA, AMEX.
Payment for bulk registration through National Associations is to be made by bank transfer, by receipt of Invoice.
6. What does the Rider Membership cost?
For indiviudal rider registration, payment is possible with major credit cards in the WS membership system. For bulk registration through National Associations payment is to be made by bank transfer, by receipt of invoice.
- REGULAR FEE for riders ages 14 and older: 60 USD
- JUNIOR FEE for riders below age 14: free of charge
7. What is the validity period of a Rider Membership?
A membership is valid for one year, from June 1 to May 31.
8. Where does the money from the Rider Membership fee go to?
The annual membership fee goes to funding services that are provided by the World Snowboard Federation including the World Snowboarding website, as described in 2). It allows us to provide consistent and professional services which directly benefit the riders and the sport.
9. Does a rider need a membership to compete at an event?
A membership is not mandatory to compete at an event nor do events have to verify if competing athletes have a current membership. Non-member riders can compete and will be scored and included in the final result of the event.
10. Is it possible to register for events using the Online Registration System without a membership?
No, only current members can use the Online Registration System on worldsnowboarding.org (if the event uses it).
11. Who is responsible for ensuring that riders have a membership?
It is the responsibility of the riders themselves to decide whether they want to become an active member of WSF and to sign up and pay for the membership. Also, the National Associations are asked to actively promote the membership program, sign up their National riders and to support the sport. Events are not responsible to ensure that riders have a membership. Though, as well are asked to actively support.
12. Can a rider cancel a membership throughout the season?
A membership is valid for one season and will not be refunded for any reason. Riders must actively renew the membership each year, following the process as described under 4).